Sunday 26 January 2014

Beatrice and the Gelli plate



Hi crafter's

Two posts in one day, I've been busy playing and not blogging! I have had my Gelli plate for a while but haven't really used my papers to any purpose. So this for once is a finished card. I have used craft acrylics and not artist acrylics for the background. I used Royal Langnickel Crafter's choice and Americana. To start I stamped Beatrice in black Archival ink in the centre of some 7" x 7" white card, now cover this with a post-it note. Now brayer some neutral coloured paint over the Gelli plate and lay the flourish stencil down making sure it makes good contact, then lift off. Place the card on to the Gelli plate, I normally use the brayer rather than my hand to take a print. Next brayer some light blue paint and repeat with the flourish stencil turning it 90 degrees before taking the next print. Brayer some purple just in one corner then dab over with some large bubble wrap moving the colour further towards the middle, this will blend the edge a little. Lay the card down again and take another print. To colour the centre image I used Adirondack ink and a make-up sponge, I was looking for a soft blended feel and was not too worried about the lines. To add shading I used Prismacolor pencils. To finish stamp the verse No matter... in black ink then cut it in to strips, run a black ink pad around the edges. Arrange the words down the left hand side and when happy with the arrangement stick down. Cut the piece to size and mount on to the base card mine is a 6" x 6". That's all this time hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.