I have finally finished my entry to the Claritystamp challenge. This month it's anything but a card. It has taken ages to decide what to do. I decide to have a play with this papier mache book which I've had for ages. The first thing I did was to paint the whole book inside and out with acrylic paint, I used a neutral cream colour. Die cut some letters, I cut 3 of each then glued them together. Next I measured a piece of card to fit the front but leaving a border. Using the flourish stencil run through an embossing machine. Colour the card with a sage acrylic paint using a piece of sponge, when dry go over with the cream paint again with a sponge. I used very little for this. Colour the letters with sage paint then glue in to place. Stick the card on to the front of the book. Cut another piece of card to fit the back and colour the same and glue in to place. Add some sage paint down the spine just catching here and there. Paint around the side where the pages would be in the same green colour. Using the letterbox set stamp the word vol and I on to a scrap of cream card in Adirondack Hazelnut age a bit with Bundled sage. Glue in to place on the spine. Run a metallic gold Promarker around the sides to make the pages, let a little bit of the paint show through. Using one of the NDC floral stamps ink up with Hazelnut ink and stamp on to some scrap card, cut out and glue on the front of the book. Rub some gold gilding wax all around the book and the letters.
I painted the inside a slightly darker colour of acrylic called Antique Cream. Cut a piece of cream card to fit the left hand side of the book, run through an embossing machine with the flourish stencil. Using the debossed side colour with the sage acrylic and sponge. Ink up the the stamp from the Birdhouse kit in Hazelnut ink and stamp twice at the bottom. Glue in to place. Although you can't see in the picture I have decorated the other side of the book the same. Lastly I made some envelopes with cream paper to hold seeds. I stamped the flourish this time with Juniper ink and the flowers in Hazelnut. That about does it for this one.
Thanks for taking the time to look.