Sunday 31 May 2015

I do like to be beside the seaside





Hi crafter's

Its's been quite a while since my last post but I did want to get my entry to the Crafty Individuals challenge done. Hope I'm in time. My reference to music is 'I do like to be beside the seaside' so I started by stamping the girl. Mask with a post-it note. Stamp the beach huts twice. Mask the top and bottom leaving the middle free to colour. Use a blending brush and distress inks to colour the sky and the beach. I used Sunshine yellow and Sailboat blue. Colour the huts with these inks and Citrus. Add shading with pencils. I did add a bit more texture in the sand with a music stencil and Sunshine yellow but doesn't show up in the picture to well. Remove the masking tape and draw a line with a grey marker pen. Colour the parasol, hat and water with pencils. To frame I used the seaweed stencil from Clarity and run through a die cutting machine. Blend blue ink lightly around the edge then repeat with Pebeo gilding wax. Stamp the words on to a scrape piece of card, cut out then frame with a grey line. Stick on the left hand side. Attach to a white base card.
That's it for now hope you like it.

Thanks for looking

Sally

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sally. I can almost hear her singing the song. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenic card Sally. I like a lot the background, the textured frame around!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great musical scene Sally - great texture and colouring. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the embossed frame around the piece and the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.