Friday 22 August 2014

Flying high




Hi crafter's

This is another card I made for my sons birthday. He loves all the old planes so I used a set of stamps from Hobby Art. Apart from the stamps I used a stencil by Creative Expressions called Clock Elements. So to start I decided where to put my planes by holding the stencil in place and looking for spaces to use. Then stamp in black ink. At the same time make a mask for each of the planes and cover. Tape  the stencil down and colour the background with blue and red inks, I have used distress inks. To add some texture spread Cosmic Shimmer clear Texture Paste in the corners, take off the stencil and wash. Leave the paste to dry. When totally dry take off the masks and colour in the planes. I used a little Bundled Sage distress ink watered down slightly. The targets were done in the blue and red used for the background. Put the stencil back in place and go around the edges of the clock with more colour to make it really stand out. The white spaces left by the stencil were just the right size for Sam Poole's Vintage Alphabet stamps. To highlight these a went round the edge first with a black fine liner pen then with a red one. To make it all balance I drew round the design in the bottom right hand corner. Attach to a red base card....all done!

That's all for now, thanks for looking

Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.