Tuesday 19 August 2014

Under the Sea





Hi crafter's

I made this card a while ago for my sons 16th birthday, he always loved going to aquariums so the fish seemed perfect. This fish is by Designs by Ryn and it is quite a large stamp, perfect for colouring in. The first thing I did was to emboss a piece of white card with an embossing folder called Deep Sea Diver by Couture creations, it gives the impression of looking through to the fish. Ink up the fish with black Archival and stamp in the bottom centre and also stamp on to a post-it note to make a mask, cover the fish. Lay a piece of scrap paper down on the inside edge of the frame, ink up the fish and stamp so that it looks like it is moving out of sight. Ink up the coral in Lettuce and masking the bottom inside edge stamp along the bottom. I coloured my fish in with Spectrum Noir pencils using a variety of blues and purples. The background was coloured in with blue ink, leave some paler areas to give some light. I inked up some bubbles from a woodware set of stamps and coloured them white, put some glossy accents on top. To make the embossing stand out I blended some turquoise ink with cut n dry foam then went over the top with gilding wax. Mount on to slightly larger white card to frame. The base card I used is a turquoise colour which is unusual for me. I embossed the left hand side with an embossing folder called Fretboard. Pick up a little bit of white gesso on a dry baby wipe and swipe over the embossing to highlight. I stuck the fish design in place and personalised. That's all for this time.

Thanks for looking

Sally

4 comments:

  1. Hey again Sally :) Great card for your son! You've definitely captured the aquarium feel. Great subtle use of Coral Set in there too. Thanks for the upload! Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryn. This a great fish, nice size too.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card with amazing background texture. I like very much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the great comment Sabine.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.