This is a card I designed for the Indigoblu challenge, it's all about the background. I really like creating masterboards. These are papers you design with stamps, inks, paints or anything really using any techniques you like. I normally do an A4 piece of paper. The point is to cut it up and use it on different projects right down to the last scraps. The background was done like this. I started by stamping the butterfly from Wild Meadow and the free Crafter Stamper butterfly stamp randomly on the card, making sure I stamped off the edge. Then I stamped a sentiment from Grand Tour, all this was done using Archival black. I coloured the butterflies in with distress markers, at this point it all looks very bright but thats ok. To colour the background I used adirondack inks in red tones but didn't go too dark. I now wanted to tone down all the stamping so I used picket fence distress stain. I swept the stain from one side to the other, some of the colour on the butterflies moved a little so I didn't over work it. Now I wanted to add interest by splatting the white distress stain, do this quite firmly, and inked up a bottle lid with cranberry adirondack stamping randomly. I now chose which part of the background I wanted to use and cut to size.Texture was needed next so using a dots mask I painted rock candy crackle paint through it, this leaves you with raised circles. Leave this to dry. Because rock candy is clear I rubbed some Viva Inka-gold on top this also brought out the crackles. To finish I dabbed Flitter glue around the edges and stuck some mega flakes down for some bling. The topper is simply two oval die cuts about the same size but different shapes. I stamped the sentiment from Wild Meadow with Flitter glue and used mega flakes, also stamping the dandilion in a light yellow. The large butterfly was stamped on a scrap piece of card and colourd in with pencils then cut out. I made a rosette flower using a scrap of card I found in my stash. This is made with a strip of card which was scored every 1/2 centimetre (used my Hougie board for this) then folded up like a concertina. Stick the ends together, now you need to flatten it which can be a little bit fiddley. Stick the rosette down onto a small circle of card. The button in the middle was a gunmetal colour so I rubbed Inka-gold over it to make it match. The card was assembled as seen on the picture with an added die cut flourish and some Pearly Stuff by Woodware.
That's all this time, hope you like the card.