Something different this time. I started out with no plan of what I was going to do. I like using watercolour paper ( this one is made from wood pulp and recycled t-shirts) and inktense pencils, so this was my starting point. I also like doing college, bringing together all sorts of stamps in different styles. So I began by stamping Julianna by Inkylicious in the bottom left hand corner. The leaves, flower and bird are a range of oriental stamps by Artemio. Lastly I stamped the bird cage which is free with the New Clarity Design Club. These are all my main images. I used my inktense pencils and a damp paint brush to colour the leaves, flower and bird. The bird cage was just shaded in slightly with a brown pencil. Julianna's face was coloured in with just a hint of colour on her lips, eye and cheek.
I now focused on the background. For this I used lots of little stamps, Crafty Individuals are great for this. The inks I used were adirondack shell pink and Versafine vintage sepia. It was just a case of filling in the spaces between the main images although I did stamp over a few of them. The words were added last. Around the edge of Julianna I highlighted this with inktense pencils and blended with water. I ink dusted around the edges with vintage photo distress ink to finish. This was then mounted on to black card. I chose a light pink card for my next layer which I stamped with a flourish stamp by Kaisercraft, then embossed with a pink glittery powder. The main image was then mounted onto the pink card then onto black card to frame. The very last layer started as a cream piece of card which was stamped with a script stamp in vintage photo and seedless preserves, I used second and third generation stamping so it wasn't too bright. In the corner I used a Crafty Individuals stamp in seedless preserves, also stamping a flourish which was embossed with copper embossing powder. I love the splatter stamps you can get, so that was used too!
Lastly on to the frame which came from a pound shop. It was just plain wood before I coloured it with acrylic paint in blackberry. When dry I brushed white paint here and there with a dry brush. I added a ladybird charm which I had in my stash to the frame.
That's it for now, thanks for looking